Release Date:October 25,2011
It's the eve of Christmas in northern Finland, and an 'archeological' dig has just unearthed the real Santa Claus. But this particular Santa isn't the one you want coming to town. When the local children begin mysteriously disappearing, young Pietari and his father Rauno, a reindeer hunter by trade, capture the mythological being and attempt to sell Santa to the misguided leader of the multinational corporation sponsoring the dig. Santa's elves, however, will stop at nothing to free their fearless leader from captivity. What ensues is a wildly humorous nightmare – a fantastically bizarre polemic on modern day morality.
RARE EXPORTS: A CHRISTMAS TALE is a re-imagining of the most classic of all childhood fantasies, and is a darkly comic gem soon to be required perennial holiday viewing.
- The two original short films in which the Christmas tale was born, Rare Exports Inc. (2003) and Rare Exports - The Official Safety Instructions (2005)
- The Making of Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale
- “Blood in the snow” – a look at the concept art
- Animatics & computer effects video comparison
- Behind the scenes production stills photo gallery
- Original theatrical trailer from Finland